Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Birthday, beautiful.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Happy Birthday, beautiful. Empty
PostSubject: Happy Birthday, beautiful.   Happy Birthday, beautiful. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:26 am

I slipped my dress off, letting it fall in a pool at my feet. I knew I had to sort through the many never ending boxes and give most of my gifts away to charity but I didn't feel like doing it till after I took a warm bath. When my bath was done, I had called to check on B, they said she was still sleeping peacefully with Mr. Castellano. I thanked them for letting me know and got dressed. I was climbing in bed when I decided I could open a few boxes. I grabbed the closest one to me, a light blue box with yellow ribbon.

I unraveled the ribbon, pushing the box open and pushing the red paper back. My fingers grew sticky and instantly I knew what it was. Blood. "Oh, my, God." Sitting inside the box was Lucas' bunny Miles, he was normally all white... but his neck had been cut and he was full of red blood. The box slipped from my fingers, rolling down my legs and trenching me in blood from my stomach down. I let out a blood curdling scream that I was sure would wake the dead, as I desperately fidgeted to get the blood off me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, beautiful.   Happy Birthday, beautiful. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:35 am

I left my room immediately. I had just stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me when I heard Abigail scream. It wasn't like what had happened earlier at her party. This was a scream of sheer terror. I can, grabbing at the towel around my waist and grabbing my gun off the vanity before running out of the bathroom and my bedroom. I came into her room seeing her drenched in blood. I could tell what it was, even in the dim moonlight from the window. I looked around the room quickly. I didn't see anyone. I looked back down the hall before running over to her at her bed. "Where are you hurt?" I asked her, trying to stay as calm as possible. It was what I did. I found out in Afghanistan that if I stayed calm, my men did too. If I stayed calm, hopefully Abigail would be able to calm down and tell me what happened to her. I wasn't a doctor, but this looked like a lot of blood. "What happened, Abigail? Where are you hurt?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, beautiful.   Happy Birthday, beautiful. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:40 am

"Not me... Mi----Mi---Miles is... is... is... dead!" I tugged at my tank top, tossing it at my feet before tugging my pajama pants off, needing to get the blood off me. "I... someone... they... God... they killed my son's rabbit. They got in my house and killed my son's rabbit!" I pointed to the box. "In there.. I..." I turned quickly, realizing I was half naked and Jesus Christ so was he! God he was... I stopped staring and walked into the bathroom slamming the door shut behind me so I could wash the blood off me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, beautiful.   Happy Birthday, beautiful. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:50 am

I was glad to know that it wasn't her that was hurt. After what had happened with Binx tonight, I was sure I couldn't handle it. Not because I cared what happened to Abigail beyond taking care of her because Bianca asked me to and because her life deserved protecting, I just couldn't deal with anymore drama tonight. I tucked my gun in the back of my... towel. Jesus! I hadn't even had a chance to get dressed before I had to come galavanting in here. I started to clean up, pulling the sheets from her bed. It wasn't my job to clean this up, but I was sure I was the only one who could handle this. I'd toss them. I was sure she wouldn't care. They're just sheets. I took them to the fireplace in the living room and started them on fire before returning to Abigail's room. I knocked on the door softly. "You need any help in there?" I knew she was naked, but this was work. I had to make sure she was alright, even emotionally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, beautiful.   Happy Birthday, beautiful. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:57 am

"No!" I snapped, glaring at the bedroom door after I had come out from washing every inch of me as best as I could. "I'm perfectly capable of getting my own damn clothes on thank you. Now would you be so kind to go do the same damn thing in your own room!" I was sure he was naked on the other end, my instincts told me that. I didn't want to see anymore of Jackson Frost than I already had. I surely didn't want him to see anymore of ME. He saw damn near enough. I changed into a nightgown this time, coming over to the side of the bed and stopping to stare at the box that sat at the end of my bed. Whoever this sicko was he made my skin crawl. Maybe it was a good idea to have captain jackass here... not that I'd ever admit it out loud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, beautiful.   Happy Birthday, beautiful. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:03 am

"I'll be back," I told her sighing and walking back to my bedroom. I got dressed in a T-Shirt and pajama bottoms. I was sure no one was in the house, so I left my gun in the bedroom before walking back out of the bedroom and back down to Abigail's room. Knocking on the door, I asked, "Would you like some tea, Abigail. I can make us some."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, beautiful.   Happy Birthday, beautiful. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:06 am

I whipped the door open, glaring at him. "What I'd like is for my son's dead pet out of my room! What I'd like is for you to go back in time and stop the sick bastard from killing the only thing Lucas loves outside his family! What I would like is for you to get out of my face and not to come in my bedroom butt naked! It's unprofessional!" I glared heavily, my shoulders slumping. "You have no clue how hard it's going to be telling my son his best friend is dead. Can you fix that? I think not. Can you fix that fact that someone broke into my home?" My tone was a lot less heavy but I still felt like the world was on my shoulders.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, beautiful.   Happy Birthday, beautiful. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:16 am

I stepped forward, slowly lifting my hand and resting it on her shoulders softly. "No. I can't fix anything that happened. If I could, I would. But life doesn't work that way. I gave her shoulder a slight squeeze, realizing I hadn't taken the animal from her room. I walked past her to get the box, picking it up. I closed it up and walked back over to her. "You can buy him a new one, not even tell him, but I'm sure you have issues with lying. I do myself, but sometimes we tell children things for one reason or another. Santa Claus is a prime example."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, beautiful.   Happy Birthday, beautiful. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:19 am

"Yeah..." It's all I said. I folded my arms over my chest. "Thanks... I mean I don't say that often to anyone because I'm not a thanks kinda person but... eh... thanks. I really should go to bed. I got a TV interview in the morning and I want to visit B after that. So, see you in the morning I guess since you'll be following me like a wart all day..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, beautiful.   Happy Birthday, beautiful. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:25 am

I stepped out in the hall. "Get your rest. I'll see you in the morning." I told her, heading off to find something to do with the dead animal. I'd bury it. Burning it wouldn't be a good idea. It would stink up the whole house, and we didn't need that. "Good night, Abigail," I told her, heading off to bury the animal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, beautiful.   Happy Birthday, beautiful. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:27 am

"Night," I told him, watching him disappear in the hallway. I shut my door, put new sheets on and crawled into bed. I couldn't sleep a wink though when I got to thinking about what else was in the damn boxes. So instead, I stood, tossed the presents out my window into the backyard and shut the bedroom window shut and crawled back in bed to sleep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, beautiful.   Happy Birthday, beautiful. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:32 am

As I was burying the animal, I saw Abigail open her window and toss all the presents out. I laughed silently, shaking my head. Now that definitely wasn't my job to clean up. I finished burying the animal before heading back into the house to clean up and head to bed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, beautiful.   Happy Birthday, beautiful. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday, beautiful.
Page 1 of 1