Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fixing what's broken.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fixing what's broken. Empty
PostSubject: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:07 am

I was so excited to have my 'Stang here. It had just gotten here off the transport and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. It need a tune up since I hadn't been driving it in close to a month. I made sure it started alright, and she did, but it need to be tuned just a little bit. I turned off the engine and popped the hood and the trunk. I got out and walked around to the trunk to get the toolbox out. I shut the trunk and walked around to the hood, lifting it and pulling the prop up to keep the hood up. I sat the toolbox on the side of the engine and pulled out a rag from the box to check the oil with. Best place to start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:13 am

How could he miss this? I had gotten use to him disappointing me. I had. But he missed this. Our baby's ultrasound. How could work be more important than hearing our miracle's heartbeat? And to top it off the night before he missed Jenna's dance recital. He could let me down but the kids was another story and this was the second day in a row he let one of my babies down.

I pulled up quickly, turning the car off, drying at my wet cheeks. I had cried the entire ride home. I knew it was because of the hormones. I knew that. I never cried over this type of stuff. But here I was. A blubbering mess. I got out of the car, slamming the door. I kicked the door when it didn't close all the way. "Stupid door!" I grunted, wiping my face with the back of my hand before running up inside the house. I slammed the door shut behind me and ran all the way up the steps to our room. I slammed that door shut and plopped down on the bed, kicking my shoes off, tossing my purse aside and curling up in a ball on the bed as I cried. I'd never forgive him for missing this. I was sure of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:20 am

I saw Abigail pull up and called out to her, but she hadn't heard me. She looked upset and I couldn't understand why. Wiping my hands off on the towel, I left my 'Stang as it was and headed inside the house. "Abigail?" I called to her. When she didn't answer, I assumed she was upstairs. Walking up the stairs, I came up to Dante and Abigail's bedroom door. I could hear her sobs coming from the other side. I lifted my hand to knock, and also lifted my other hand to the doorknob and turning it as I knocked. "Abby?" I spoke softly, walking in and seeing her curled up in a ball on the bed bawling. Closing the door behind me, I walked over and sat down on the bed with her. I placed my hand softly on her back. "What is it, Abby?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:22 am

I sat up quickly, getting on my knees and hugging Jackson's neck as if it was my lifeline. I needed this. I needed comfort more than anything. I needed someone to hold me while I cried like a baby. "Dante missed the ultrasound. He missed it! How could he do that to us?" I buried my face in his shoulder, crying softly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:29 am

I closed my eyes, holding her against me, letting go of a heavy sigh. Right now she didn't need me sticking up for Dante. I knew how easy it was for us guys to forget things. Right now, all Abigail needed was for someone to hold her and listen to her. "Damn, Abigail, I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how that makes you feel. I'm so sorry." I knew Bianca said she didn't like it when I apologized to her for things, but later she would always tell me how much she appreciated it when I apologized for things. I hope I didn't upset Abby for apologizing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:31 am

I pulled back, but not completely, still on my knees, staring at him as I brushed at my wet face. "You don't have to be sorry but I appreciate it." I looked down at my hands in my lap. "I just.. you know.. I begged him to be there. I told him not to miss it. This was the first one. The first time we saw our baby." I touched my stomach, sighing. "And he wasn't there for it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:35 am

I lifted my hand, placing it softly on her stomach. "I'm sure he wanted to be there. Something must have come up. I know he wouldn't have missed it unless something kept him from being there." I rubbed her stomach softly. "He loves you, Abigail, and there isn't anything he would do to hurt you. I know that."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:50 am

"I know he loves me. But sometimes a job should just come second. Even for a doctor. I don't want excuses, good otherwise. I just wanted my husband there." I smiled, watching his hand on my stomach as mine moved away from it. "He should've been there. I don't know how to forgive him for hurting me this bad."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:53 am

"But you will," I said quietly, pulling my hand back, noticing how long I had left it there. This wasn't "girl time" bonding. She may be a really good friend, but there were still boundaries a man shouldn't cross with his friend who is a woman. "It might take you a little time, but you will. You two love each other and nothing can keep you guys upset for that long." I was probably projecting Binx and me onto them, but I knew they were the same way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:55 am

I nodded sadly, tucking my hair behind my ear. "I guess you're right." I turned my head to the side and glanced at him. He looked sad... "Are you okay? Does my talking about my pregnancy bother you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:00 am

I turned my head slightly, shaking my head. "No, why would you being pregnant make me sad. I couldn't be happier for you and Dante. Seriously, I'm already thinking of this little one like a niece or a nephew. Just like I think of Jenna as a niece. I'm an only child, you know. Never had lots of kids around me. That's why I always wanted to have so many children, but I don't know if Bianca has told you, but she can't have any more kids."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:05 am

"She did. That's why I wasn't sure if you were sad or not... about my baby... because you guys can't have anymore of your own." I shrugged, picking at the lose string on my blanket. "I wish I could help you guys with that... but I can't fix everything I guess." I shrugged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:12 am

I reached out, tucking a loose lock of hair behind her ear. "Don't you worry. If things are supposed to happen, God always finds ways for things to happen if they're meant to. And if Binx and I are to have any more children, he'll find a way without risking her life. I know that." Shaking my head, I smiled at her. "I've never been able to talk about things like this, about things with Bianca and me, with anyone. It feels really good."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:14 am

"I'm always a listening ear. I like listening." I smiled. "And I'm glad I have someone to talk about Dante with. Thank you for listening... and for coming up here." I rubbed at my face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:08 am

I nodded, smiling for her. "What are friends for?" I placed my hand on her stomach again. "So, did you get to see this perfect little bundle of joy? They can't tell what he or she is yet, can they?" I shook my head. "No, don't tell me, even if you did find out. Dante should find out first."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:34 pm

I looked down at his hand on my stomach and back up at his eyes. "They can't tell this early so don't worry I don't even know yet." I yawned softly. "Today has been exhausting. Normally I'm not this tired. I blame the pregnancy." I smiled, starting to lay back. "I gotta pick the kids up soon. Is that your duty today?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:38 pm

I shook my head. "Bianca said she'd pick them up on the way back from shopping. Why don't you lay down and rest for the rest of the time they're at school. I'll call Binx and ask her to bring home Jenna and Jake as well. Sound good to you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:39 pm

"Thank you, Jackson." I said turning on my side. I reached out, taking his hand. "For everything. Not just that. Thank you." I let go, smiling as I closed my tired eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:19 pm

I nodded my head to her and stood up off the bed. "Just rest. We'll keep the kids around our place too. I can cook dinner and you guys can come back to have dinner with us tonight. You just rest," I told her, walking out the door, leaving her to rest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fixing what's broken.   Fixing what's broken. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fixing what's broken.
Page 1 of 1